The unique vibe that is Grinduro needs a unique location, and in Australia the incredible landscape of the Bogong High Plains is pretty unique! Situated next to the crystalline blue waters of the Rocky Valley Lake and surrounded by knotted snowgums, this alpine wonderland is draped with cool mountain rainforest and dotted with huts on it’s peaks. Nestled on the top is the iconic Alpine Resort of Falls Creek. Already known as a cycling hot spot and the home of one of the toughest climbs in Australia; Falls Creek harbours a raft of exquisite gravel tracks, winding aqueducts and 40km of flowing MTB singletrack. Oh and did we mention the gravel road to the top of the highest drivable peak in Australia?EVENT CANCELLED
The unique vibe that is Grinduro needs a unique location, and in Australia the incredible landscape of the Bogong High Plains is pretty unique! Situated next to the crystalline blue waters of the Rocky Valley Lake and surrounded by knotted snowgums, this alpine wonderland is draped with cool mountain rainforest and dotted with huts on it’s peaks. Nestled on the top is the iconic Alpine Resort of Falls Creek. Already known as a cycling hot spot and the home of one of the toughest climbs in Australia; Falls Creek harbours a raft of exquisite gravel tracks, winding aqueducts and 40km of flowing MTB singletrack. Oh and did we mention the gravel road to the top of the highest drivable peak in Australia?
With 4 race stages taking in all that Alpine scenery and a whole heap of terrain you’re going to be in need of a refreshment or 4 when you get back and Falls Creek knows how to turn it on. We’ve got top quality tucker lined up both on the route and back at base. We’ve lined up some of the regions best craft frothies to wash it down with and of course we’ll have a decent shindig to send off the event and the winners.
But it’s not all sightseeing and suffering, with the kind support of our friends at Giro, Cervelo, SRAM, Zipp, Maxxis, and komoot, they’ll be lots of swag to get your gravelly mitts on and check out in the expo space. Of course it wouldn’t be a Grinduro if we didn’t have a few surprises up our sleeve but we can’t let you in on all the secrets now can we.
We’re not going to have camping at Grinduro Australia, but we have got some awesome accommodation packages available for the weekend in association with Alpha Lodge.
Our packages include two nights accommodation from Friday through to Sunday morning. So you can concentrate on some good ol' maxin' & relaxin' all weekend!
If you want to plan your own stay, we offer a base entry 3-day ticket, that features all the full Grinduro experience minus the accommodation. For all other accommodation options in the Falls Creek area, please click here.
Want to bring your tent and camp? There's a camping area is called Pretty Valley Hut, just 7.5km from the Event Hub. Pretty Valley is not affiliated with the Grinduro Australia organization, or Falls Creek Resort.
Grindurito is a 36km fun ride without categories. Grindurito is not quite as challenging, but still a healthy bite of the Grinduro experience, it isn’t timed, so you and your crew can just get out there and have a fun time without the pressure of racing the clock. While it doesn’t include an official awards ceremony, your prize is knowing you had one heckuva fun ride!
The Grinduro and Grindurito courses are going to be RAD. We’ll have course maps and GPX routes for both courses available here as we get closer to the event.
Grinduro Australia features 75 km of rugged mountain trails, atmospheric woodland, soaring peaks, and the unique experience of the Bogong High Plains with trails aplenty and four timed race stages. The High Plains is quickly becoming one of Australia's must ride destinations, with trails ranging from steep and technical to fast and flowing. In other words, it’s the perfect location to host the perfect Grinduro!
Grinduro's timed stages are where legends are made or broken. The route and details are a secret, for now - we don't want locals getting an unfair advantage ahead of the big weekend.
We’re always striving to hit the perfect Party-to-Race Ratio at Grinduro, and this year, we’ve lined up a stellar music set to help you shake things loose! We'll announce our live acts soon.
Be cool, have fun and enjoy the ride. Those are the rules! For those of you who need things spelled-out, here you have it…
The Terms and Conditions detailed below apply to all entrants participating in the Grinduro. Completion of an entry form or purchase of an entry by every participant acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by the participant.
1. Riders are required to attend a start line briefing and read briefing notes and sign to confirm that they agree to abide by the instructions given.
2. All riders must be self-supported. The event organizers and staff are not responsible for your preparedness while riding the course.
3. You should ensure that both yourself and your bike are in a serviceable state to complete a 100km mixed-terrain ride. A standard road bike is NOT suitable for this event.
4. You should ensure that both yourself and your bike are in a serviceable state to complete a 100km mixed-terrain ride. A standard road bike is NOT suitable for this event.
5. If the situation arises that you are in an accident and are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, the rider agrees that a member of the organization or a member of the public/other rider may call for them.
6. At any time pre, during, and post event, riders must conduct themselves in a manner that does not discredit themselves or the event organizers. Riders must be considerate to other users of bridleways, tracks, byways and public ways when riding on and off road.
7. Riders are expected to respect the countryside that the event travels through. It should be remembered that this is both a working landscape and home to many communities. Riders stopping for a comfort break are asked to do so discreetly and appropriately and not to cause any offense to local residents or other riders.
8. There may be sections of public road included within the course. You must obey all Highway Code rules.
9. Riders whilst participating in the event must do so wearing a helmet complying with the latest EN1078, ANSI Z90/4 or SNELL standards. Any rider not conforming with this term will not be allowed to start or will be removed from the event if started.
10. Riders must carry the minimum required equipment for the full duration of the course. Spot checks may be used to ensure rider safety.
11. The organizers reserve the right to postpone or cancel the event should access to the event or sufficient portions of the course be deemed too dangerous due to severe adverse weather conditions.
12. The Event Registration Form must be completed by a person aged 18 years or over. This event is not open to riders under 16.
13. All riders are covered by third party insurance for the duration of the event. The cost of this is included in your entry fee. In addition, BDS Events are covered by public liability insurance.
14. Organizers cannot take responsibility for loss or damage of personal possessions during the event.
15. During the event there will be warning signs at appropriate points on the trails or roads used for this event. Absence of these signs does not signal there are no dangers approaching and it is the individual rider’s responsibility to make a decision regarding whether to ride a section or not. The marking of the route does not necessarily indicate that the trail or road is rideable and the participant is deemed to make their own decision about whether to proceed on bike, foot or not at all.
16. Riders are expected not to drop or leave any litter on any part of the route and to dispose of it responsibly at an appropriate place or bin. Any rider found littering will be disqualified from the event.
17. Each participant will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the rider. This includes, but is not exclusive to, fees from Police, Air Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Ambulance service.
We believe that bike riders’ health, attitude and performance is directly related to the foods that they eat, so we have amazing food planned for the weekend. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all included with race entry. For the rest of the weekend we will have various vendors on site selling food.
In addition to fame and glory each winner will take home a little something special. Podium presentations will take place on the main stage in the marquee directly after racing on Saturday evening. More details will follow shortly!
THE BEST BIKE: You can ride any type of pedal-driven bicycle (no electric-pedal assist!), although we recommend a cyclocross/gravel bike or mountain bike. The ultimate setup is probably a disc brake-equipped cyclocross/gravel bike with fast-rolling, tubeless clincher tires. Be prepared with at least two extra inner tubes, a multi-tool and mini-pump.
We’ll be in Australia, so expect the unexpected regards to the weather. Remember there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes! Be prepared with a rain shell and the basics—ideally arm/leg warmers too—just in case weather rolls in. Also pack the sunscreen and your bikini, you never know!
There will be feed zones (and an excellent lunch!), smart riders will bring at least two water bottles and their favorite nutritional supplies.
We always advise you wear as much protection as you deem necessary. Always wear your helmet when riding your bike and make sure it is correctly attached as recommended by the manufacturer. Plus riding glasses/goggles, protect your eyes!!
Grinduro’s Art and Bike Show is a curated collection of our favorite, mostly-bike-related things. It’s two parts handmade bicycle display, one part art exhibition, and one part bike shop.
It includes some of the most interesting and elaborate works of art in cycling. We showcase the independent artisans and the iconoclasts who rarely get the spotlight at traditional trade shows and bike events. We have a host of custom bike manufacturers coming to our Pop-Up Shop this year, a full listing will be published soon.
In addition to the bike exhibit, we’ll have work on display from some of our favorite artists and photographers, including plenty of locals.
This is your chance to see the World’s fastest gravel racers in action, up close and personal. Interested in helping out? We'll drop in more details soon.