The Grinduro course features a blend of pavement, dirt road, gravel road and singletrack.
Riders must obey all applicable traffic laws during the event and are encouraged to use common sense, keep their head up and stay in their lane of travel. At no time will there be a closed road.
Riders must obey all traffic laws and use common sense, keeping their speed under control.
Riders should expect vehicle traffic on all roads, along with ATVs, motorcycles, sasquatch and wild animals. Stay in your lane and follow the rules of the road.
The Terms and Conditions detailed below apply to all entrants participating in Grinduro. Completion of an entry form or purchase of an entry by every participant acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by the participant.
Be cool, have fun and enjoy the ride. Those are the rules!
For those of you who need things spelled-out, here you have it…
1. Riders are required to attend a start line briefing and read briefing notes and sign to confirm that they agree to abide by the instructions given.
2. All riders must be self-supported. The event organizers and staff are not responsible for your preparedness while riding the course.
3. You should ensure that both yourself and your bike are in a serviceable state to complete a 100km/60 mile mixed-terrain ride. A standard road bike is NOT suitable for this event.
4. Inform a member of the organizer at registration if you have any health complications or medical requirements in case of emergency.
5. If the situation arises that you are in an accident and are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, the rider agrees that a member of the organization or a member of the public/other rider may call for them.
6. At any time pre, during, and post event, riders must conduct themselves in a manner that does not discredit themselves or the event organizers. Riders must be considerate to other users of bridleways, tracks, byways and public ways when riding on and off road.
7. Riders are expected to respect the countryside that the event travels through. It should be remembered that this is both a working landscape and home to many communities. Riders stopping for a comfort break are asked to do so discreetly and appropriately and not to cause any offense to local residents or other riders.
8. There may be sections of public road included within the course. You must obey all Highway Code rules.
9. Riders whilst participating in the event must do so wearing a helmet complying with the latest EN1078, ANSI Z90/4 or SNELL standards. Any rider not conforming with this term will not be allowed to start or will be removed from the event if started.
10. Riders must carry the minimum required equipment for the full duration of the course. Spot checks may be used to ensure rider safety.
11. The organizers reserve the right to postpone or cancel the event should access to the event or sufficient portions of the course be deemed too dangerous due to severe adverse weather conditions.
12. The Event Registration Form must be completed by a person aged 18 years or over. This event is not open to riders under 16.
13. All riders are covered by third party insurance for the duration of the event. The cost of this is included in your entry fee. In addition, the organizer is covered by public liability insurance.
14. Organizers cannot take responsibility for loss or damage of personal possessions during the event.
15. During the event there will be warning signs at appropriate points on the trails or roads used for this event. Absence of these signs does not signal there are no dangers approaching and it is the individual rider’s responsibility to make a decision regarding whether to ride a section or not. The marking of the route does not necessarily indicate that the trail or road is rideable and the participant is deemed to make their own decision about whether to proceed on bike, foot or not at all.
16. Riders are expected not to drop or leave any litter on any part of the route and to dispose of it responsibly at an appropriate place or bin. Any rider found littering will be disqualified from the event.
17. Each participant will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the rider. This includes, but is not exclusive to, fees from Police, Air Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Ambulance service.
18. Each participant hereby grants to Grinduro Global and sponsor partners, an exclusive, absolute and irrevocable worldwide assignment in perpetuity in the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant obtained at the event and grants to Grinduro Global and sponsor partners, the right to use and publish such content in any and all media. The participant hereby releases Grinduro Global and sponsor partners from any and all liability from such use and promotion. The participant hereby authorizes the reproduction, sale, copyright, exhibit, broadcast, electronic storage and/or distribution of said photographs/film/video tapes/electronic representations and/or sound recordings without limitation at the discretion of Grinduro Global and sponsor partners. The participant specifically waives any right to any compensation they may have for appearing in any of the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant at a Grinduro event.
19. In the event that a participant fails to complete the course for any reason they agree to return to or call the event centre before the close of the event and report to a member of staff. Not doing so will mean that a search may be organized and the subsequent cost will be billed to the rider.
20. An acceptable charge for any loss or damage caused by a rider to timing equipment will be made.
The event, under direction from local law and landowners, reserves the right to make course changes due to weather related considerations up to and including the day of the event for the purposes of protecting trails and less robust portions of the route.
We are happy to answer you! Give Grinduro a message with your query through the contact form!